Our 2016 Festival commercial began airing on local TV stations beginning in May.
Artichoke Festival Kickoff
Saturday 10-6, Sunday 10-5
June 4 & 5, 2016
Monterey County Fair & Event Center
2004 Fairgrounds Rd, Monterey, CA 93940
Hours Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm; Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Admission Tickets are on sale online, or at the fairgrounds ticket booths during festival hours:
$12 – Adults, Festival both days;
$7 – Active Military, Seniors (62+), and Children (4-12);
Children 3 and under – Free, Festival both days
(All admission tickets are nonrefundable.)
- AGRO ART Competition: AGRO art is 3-dimensional fruit and vegetable artwork. This quirky competition fosters imagination, creativity and fun for both participants and the viewing public.
- MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT: Two days of live music and acts on our Family Stage.
- CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES: Games, face paints, clowns, puppets and more!
- FOOD: Artichokes fried, sauteed, grilled, marinated, pickled, fresh, and creamed in soup. Plus foods from the many ethnic groups that give this area its character.
- COOKING DEMOS: The area’s finest showcase the versatility and unique techniques for preparing and using artichokes.
- WINE & BEER TASTING: Sample the best from the area’s award winning producers.
- ARTS & CRAFTS: Unique gifts and apparel crafted by artisans from throughout the country. Plus artichoke souvenirs galore!
- FARMERS MARKET: Artichokes and more, fresh from the heart of the salad bowl.
- FIELD TOURS: Hop a bus to the artichoke patch for grower talks and photo ops.
Please No Pets or Firearms