The Artichoke Festival hosts two days of tastings from California wineries from as far as Santa Barbara to Grass Valley, and Santa Cruz to Lodi. Guests over 21 can stroll and sip wines, visit with the vintners, and even enter a raffle on site for a chance to win a barrel full of wine to enjoy all year long!
RETURN TO THIS PAGE OFTEN, as we’ll be updating our 2023 list of vintners prior to the Festival in June.
If you are interested in becoming a Tasting Vendor, please download and fill out this application below.
Tasting Vendors must bring and know:
- Bring enough wine to sell for both days.
- Make sure your paperwork is completed (City of Monterey permit), (Abc form 222) and checked by Bob Hoffman
- You must be set up at your assigned table Friday before 1pm.
- Bring your own bags, pens, wine openers, paper towels, business cards
- Event provides dump buckets, Ice, tables and tablecloths, your name on a sign, security, and volunteers to help (Rotary club).
- We are working on special hotel pricing but always make sure you have a room booked way in advance.
- If you have a hand truck or cart please bring it.
- Phone charger and way to charge sales.
- We will have outlets for phone chargers etc…
We are asking everyone if they would please donate 2 bottles for the raffle. This is a big help to the festival.
Why this is the best event for wineries:
- FREE TABLE
- Only a small fee to City of Monterey About $30
- You can sell your wine, and sign people up for your wine club
- Location – Monterey Fairgrounds
- Thousands of people attending
- Large room with tables, tablecloths, dump buckets, ice etc…
- Glasses provided by Artichoke Festival
- Wine tasting room is for wineries only no one under 21 permitted.
- Free advertisement on web site
- Volunteers will be there to help both days.
I have done this event for 8 years and it is by far the best event of the year. I have sold as many as 28 cases of wine and many wine club sign ups in the two days. The festival staff is amazing to work with. Fun, friendly, and super helpful.
This event is limited to just a few wineries, and all who get a table are extremely lucky.
Bob Hoffman, Owner of Mountain Ranch Winery
If you are in need of a Business License, please download and fill out this Application.
HOW THE WINE TASTING EVENT WORKS:
• A Wine Tasting pass is good for one day only, wine tasting for one (1) adult (age 21+ with valid ID).
• The It’s A Date Wine Tasting discount package is good for one day only, admission plus wine tasting for two (2) adults (age 21+ with valid ID.)
• Each wine tasting pass allows the guest entry into the Wine Tasting Room, where they can sample 1 oz. pours from more than 20 wineries.
• The paper or digital passes guests receive online, can be traded for a wristband at a specially designated ID Check booth, or at the entry to the Wine Tasting Room, where adults who wish to enter the Wine Tasting Room, or to purchase alcohol at the event, can have their ID checked for age verification.
• The Wine Tasting Room hours are 11am to 5pm on Saturday, or 11am to 4pm on Sunday. (All alcohol service and wine pouring is officially stopped one hour before the close of the Festival.)
• Wine in glasses, or open bottles cannot be taken outside the Wine Tasting Room. Guests who choose to purchase bottles of wine are encouraged to return for pick-up of their purchases just before leaving the Festival.
• No persons under 21, including small children, will be allowed into the Wine Tasting Room at any time. Please plan ahead if children are with you.