60th Annual Artichoke Festival Approves Donations of Proceeds to 15 Community Organizations
CASTROVILLE, California (June 28, 2019) — The Castroville Artichoke Food & Wine Festival has been dedicated to informing the public about the unique qualities of artichokes, but one of its main purposes is to also give back to the community.
Proceeds from the 2019 festival are being used to support 501c3 community organizations and activities that align with the festival’s mission. The board of directors of the 2019 Artichoke Food & Wine Festival approved donations to the following 15 organizations:
- Hope, Horses & Kids – $2,200
- North County Middle School Library – $2,500
- Marina Lions Club – $2,000
- Ashleigh Nicole Swain Memorial Scholarship – $2,000
- Golden State Elite Gymnastics – $1,800
- Cursillo in Christianity – $2,300
- Sun Street Center – $1,000
- North Salinas Athletic Booster Club (Baseball Team) – $1,000
- Manzanita Park Playground – $1,000
- North County Wrestling Team – $1,000
- Ord Terrace Elementary School – $1,000
- Monterey High Girls Basketball Team – $1,000
- North County Bulldogs Cheer – $1,000
- North County Recreation and Park District (Party on the Plaza) – $2,000
- Ariel Theatrical Inc. $500
The festival’s first-ever sponsor dinner was held June 27, 2019, at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center in Monterey. More than 100 guests attended and 44 sponsors honored. The event was catered by Showoff BBQ, with Grandma’s Kitchen providing a no-host bar, Ocean Mist Farms providing artichokes, and the Artichoke Festival board and committee members providing table service and support.
The 60th anniversary Castroville Artichoke Food & Wine Festival was held June 1-2, 2019, at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center.
About the Castroville Artichoke Food & Wine Festival
The Castroville Artichoke Food & Wine Festival began in 1959 and has since developed to become a harvest festival to celebrate the iconic artichoke and region known as the “Artichoke Center of the World.” The festival features family-fun events for all ages and has been a primary source of funding for local non-profit groups for many years. For more information, visit http://artichokefestival.org/.