we “heart” our Volunteers
Now that the Artichoke Festival has passed it’s 60-year milestone, we are expanding with new and exciting events, providing our festival-goers with the type of experience they come for; having fun with, and satisfying their curiosity about artichokes in history, farming, and cooking. It’s a gigantic undertaking for our team, as artichokes are still a unique ingredient for many home cooks and food enthusiasts! As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Artichoke Festival is fully run by over 300+ volunteers.
Please consider sharing your, or your clubs’, time and talents at the Artichoke Festival at the Monterey County Fair and Event Center on the weekend of July 24-25, 2021. Your volunteer time supports the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations throughout the California Central Coast that benefit from the Festival’s proceeds.
Join the generations of families who have been a part of the Artichoke Festival’s history and find out why our hearts are dedicated to the “Artichoke Center of the World.” Learn more About Us.
Individuals and clubs wishing to volunteer for the Artichoke Festival must complete the online Volunteer Application form and will be contacted by the Castroville Artichoke Festival, Inc. Volunteer Committee about next steps and placement for working on committees.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION DEADLINE is July 18, 2021.
Artichoke Festival Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers between 12 – 17 years of age must have a parent’s signature. Applicants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Must be 18 years of age to become an Artichoke Festival Committee person.
- Must be 21 years of age to work where alcohol or cooked food is served, or on security.
- No benefits such as entry tickets or Committee ID badges are issued until approved and placed on a committee.
- Though vaccination against COVID-19 is highly encouraged, volunteers are not required to show proof of vaccination. It is strongly recommended that unvaccinated volunteers or those with weakened immunity should wear a mask.
Please use a readily accessible email account in the form. You will be sent a private profile link to your application so you can go back to finish filling it in later. Registrations cannot be accepted if left incomplete.
For more information about becoming a volunteer, contact us at: email@example.com