we “heart” our Volunteers
Now that the Artichoke Festival has passed it’s 60-year milestone, we are expanding with new and exciting events, providing our festival-goers with the type of experience they come for; having fun with, and satisfying their curiosity about artichokes in history, farming, and cooking. It’s a gigantic undertaking for our team, as artichokes are still a unique food for many people! As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Artichoke Festival is fully run by over 300+ volunteers. With the growth of our event comes the need for even more volunteers—we hope you will consider sharing your time and talents at our festival. Your help aids us in providing support and benefits through cash and donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations throughout the California central coast, such as local school sports and education programs, animal-assisted developmental and education programs, community programs that serve seniors, and community enrichment programs. We’ve given back over $250,000 in the past decade.
Regarding COVID-19 restrictions: The health and safety of the Artichoke Festival and Monterey Peninsula communities remains our top priority. We are working closely with local and state officials to create the safest festival experience possible. As protocols continue to evolve rapidly regarding public gatherings, we will post all requirements for volunteers and guests to adhere to prior to the festival dates on our website at: artichokefestival.org/health-safety Please be prepared to show proof of recent negative PCR test, or completed vaccination series, as the CDC and Calif. Dept. of Public Health requires at the time of the Festival.
Individuals and clubs wishing to volunteer for the Artichoke Festival must complete this Volunteer Application, and will be contacted by the Festival Volunteer Committee about next steps and placement for working on committees.
ARTICHOKE FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER POLICY
- Volunteers between 12 to 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature. All applicants must be 12 years of age or older. (This form allows for one parent or guardian to sign-up two (2) minors per secure email/phone log-in.)
- Must be 18 years of age to become an Artichoke Festival Committee person.
- Must be 21 years of age to work where alcohol or cooked food is served, or on security. Pourers in the Wine Tasting area will be asked to attend a training class and required to provide proof of RBS certification no later than one month before the event.
- No benefits such as entry tickets or Committee ID badges are issued until approved and placed on a committee.
- Protective face masks and vaccination against COVID-19 is highly encouraged, and volunteers may be required to show proof of vaccination, as the CDC, CDPH, and County Health Dept. require at the time of the event.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION DEADLINE (TBA).
Please use a readily accessible email account in the form. You will be sent a private profile link to your application so you can go back to finish filling it in later. Registrations cannot be accepted if left incomplete.
For more information about becoming a volunteer, contact us at: email@example.com