we “heart” our Volunteers
Now that the Artichoke Festival has passed it’s 60-year milestone, we are expanding with new and exciting events, providing our festival-goers with the type of experience they come for; having fun with, and satisfying their curiosity about artichokes in history, farming, and cooking. It’s a gigantic undertaking for our team, as artichokes are still a unique food for many people! As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Artichoke Festival is fully run by over 300+ volunteers. With the growth of our event comes the need for even more volunteers—we hope you will consider sharing your time and talents at our festival. Your help aids us in providing support and benefits through cash and donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations throughout the California central coast, such as local school sports and education programs, animal-assisted developmental and education programs, community programs that serve seniors, and community enrichment programs. We’ve given back nearly $300,000 in the past decade.
The health and safety of the Artichoke Festival and Monterey Peninsula communities remains our top priority. We are working closely with local and state officials to create the safest festival experience possible. We will post all requirements for volunteers and guests to adhere to prior to the festival dates on our website at: artichokefestival.org/health-safety.
Individuals and clubs wishing to volunteer for the Artichoke Festival must complete this Volunteer Application, and will be contacted by the Festival Volunteer Committee about next steps and placement for working on committees.
ARTICHOKE FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER POLICY
- Volunteers between 12 to 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature. All applicants must be 12 years of age or older. (This form allows for one parent or guardian to sign-up two (2) minors per secure email/phone log-in.)
- Must be 18 years of age to become an Artichoke Festival Committee person.
- Must be 21 years of age to work where alcohol or cooked food is served, or on security. Pourers in the Wine Tasting area will be asked to attend a training class and required to provide proof of RBS certification no later than one month before the event.
- No benefits such as entry tickets or Committee ID badges are issued until approved and placed on a committee.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is highly encouraged, but proof will not be required. Volunteers may wear a face mask if they feel it necessary for their own safety, and will not be discouraged from doing so. Protocols may change prior to the event.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION DEADLINE MAY 19, 2023.
Please use a readily accessible email account in the form. You will be sent a private profile link to your application so you can go back to finish filling it in later. Registrations cannot be accepted if left incomplete.
For more information about becoming a volunteer, contact us at: email@example.com